Sunday, September 21, 2008

Roof Done!

Being that today was Sunday and all...I contemplated taking the day off. But since I didn't do any work out here yesterday - I decided to kick ass. What day of the week it is out here rarely matters unless you are looking to get mail or a delivery. The plan just poured out of my head and came together with little effort. Worked all day framing up the top of the battery house and building the roof. Had to make a jig to trace the radius ( 9' ) for the curved rafters. Took my marked pieces over to Chucks to use his jig saw to cut them out. Kind of butchered them but they were close enough. Once I put the tin on, you couldn't tell they were sloppy cuts. It all came together like magic. Have to build and hang the door tomorrow. Wrapped things up my 6PM and took a shower - my beard really needed some TLC.

2 comments:

TexasMan said...

Meant to mention it before. I really like it when you attach images so I can double click them to see them larger with my almost 70 year old eyes.

The battery house really looks good.

neil said...

View from the air on this day...

http://tinyurl.com/TFL-Image