Friday, April 10, 2009

form that

Quiet/dreary morning today...kind of lonely out here what with the Grub Shack closed till the 20th and the Ranch Supply store now suddenly closed Thurs,Fri, and Sat. Took an early run to visit Aunt Kathy,Chris and Hannah.

Slow going on building the forms for the north enterance. Just kept plodding away and piece by piece I got it built, set, and leveled. Finished up just as some new visitors dropped in.

My new friends Bill and Porter came out for a visit from San Antonio. They saw my segment on Texas Country Reporter and have been catching up on my blog - just got in to explore the Big Bend this weekend. (Note to visitors!) They graciously brought perfect gifts...bird seed, Keystone Light, Budwieser Chelada, Junior Mints, and a tiny solar panel for charging little gizmos. I reckon they are welcome back anytime...

Just missed a killer sunset time lapse tonight....had the camera pointed in the wrong direction. Did manage a still of the peak though.





4 comments:

pwp said...

Thank you for your hospitality! We look forward to many years of friendship :) Bill and Porter

Thunder Britches said...

I know I've said this before..What the Heck's he doing now!? I love the teaser photos of your construction projects! So obvious a brilliant mind's at work, a true method to your madness. My confession is I am a long time construction nut with a madness of my own. I see your photo forming up some entrance to your "Container Courtyard" and my imagination goes wild, wondering..what the heck's he up to now!? I can't wait to watch this one go up! Your ideas and your constructions...they are a real hoot!! Keep your strength and protect your lower-back! Best Wishes and Prayers to you and your efforts.

Anonymous said...

mmmm....chelada

MsBelinda said...

I promise to bring some Keystone Light if I ever come to see you.