Monday, August 30, 2010

Ukelele day...

Was in the office all day today planning the next phase of materials puchasing and construction. Showered and made a run to the Starlight for 241 night.  Did a live webcast for my friend Kristinna who is all tucked in back in Albany.  She dined on a sushi delivery while Dr. Doug and I gobbled some burgers.  Beat a rainstorm home by a half hour.

About 2 weeks ago, my friend JD sent me a link to a brilliant video by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain....just a couple of days after my friend OGT loaned me a ukulele.   http://www.youtube.com/user/UkuleleOrchestra#p/u/9/dKpzCCuHDVY  I am smitten with the instrument now.  89,100,74, .26",B

3 comments:

delgrego said...

I got a soft spot for the teeny acoustic bass.

Unknown said...

me too, delgrego ... me, too :)

Allen Hare said...

John, my guitar teacher loaned me a baratone ukulele over a year ago. I'm not giving it back 'til I can buy a good one of my own! They are addictive fun. Just this Saturday Ok Hwa and I went and joined up with the Dallas Ukulele Headquarters (DUH) group, and discovered a great ukulele-centric store near our house called Ukulady. Thanks for the cool link - I've seen some of their videos before. I hear that they have a rabid following in GB. I, also, thought the little bass was too cool. I need one of those!