Tuesday, March 12, 2013

field lab field trip

Out and about today.  Task at hand? - Get a picture of Bud's parents.  Found them about 7.5 miles (as the crow flies) west of TFL...a 45 minute drive.  Just so you know - I wasn't just blindly driving around looking for them.  Dick Cane took me to where they might be and pointed them out when we got to the spot.  They just happened to be standing close to each other when we found them.   Bud's dad is the sire of most of Dick's herd.  Bud's mom had him when she was only 2 yrs. old...a bit too young for either of them.  That's why Bud is a bit of a runt.  I'm doing my best to fatten him up.  I forgot to ask if Dick named the bull, so I call him Brutus del Agua Fria.

5 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Good picture of father and son.

Unknown said...

What is the cold water about?

Rita B. said...

Either Mom is still extremely smart or Brutus is VERY big. I could have gotten a better prospective if you'd stood next to him. Also, you forgot to let us know what Mom's name might be.

Bob from Athens said...

For once I can say this nicely, "thats a lot of bull" .

Allen Hare said...

A handsome couple. He seems huge next to her petite self.