Sunday, April 28, 2013

the savage beast














Over the past year I have seen quite a few postings on Facebook of a photo by Angela Fisher & Carol Beckwith of a Dinka boy with some cattle in the Sudan.
(Ben has a bit of Ankole-Watusi genetic code in him.)  Sucked it up and bought my first coffee table book...and I don't even have a coffee table.  The publisher is Rizzoli.  I used to stroll through their fancy store in Manhattan every now and then back in my city daze.  What I find intriguing about the Dinka is their devotion to their cattle ( they have over 400 words in their vocabulary just to describe their herd).  Since Benita led me to Christ - it got me thinking about how this  "savage" tribe views religion when not exposed to the teachings of the Bible and if there are factions within the tribe who  (without outside influence) do not accept the teachings of their elders...as in America where the church is simply ignored by so many.  Our culture and society is so diverse and chaotic that the Word has been put aside as an option but not a truth.  Our tribe doesn't know what is true anymore unless they can buy it. (market an iGod, and they will come)  Found a good condition second hand book I just ordered that might help me find an answer.  66,90,50,0,T,0

7 comments:

Unknown said...

John, would you mind sharing how Benita led you to Christ? I love hearing other people's testimony. After reading this, words can't even describe how special Benita is. :)

Terry Lively said...

Yes please. More on how B led you to Christ. I'm intrigued.

Wm. Pugh said...

As my Elders have tough me you learn every day.
Like the silver, your learning a new thing, garden (new, critters that live around you, wind who speaks to you and might I add Benita showed you and us who has been here online something more special. You have any Native American Indians around there might want to look some up!
Rosharon, Buddy

Anonymous said...

Go to the universe, for my thinking it will never me about a name and or a religion, undefinable and basically incomprehensible

nottfar@gmail.com said...

God has been methodically removed from all aspects of our society and it shows. Isn't it amazing how the Holy Spirit uses the most unusual things and circumstances to lead people to Christ. How did you meet Christ through Benita?

John Wells said...

http://thefieldlab.blogspot.com/2012/10/selfish-ambition.html

Dizzy-Dick said...

A farm less than three miles from me used to raise Ankole-Watusi. They were always a sight to see. Loved those large horns.