Thursday, May 8, 2014

fine(enough) woodworking

Been just over a month and have still to jump back into the sky.  I think it is coming any day now.  Decided to give myself a break (and a foot up) by building a stand to set the paramotor on so I don't have to kneel down to get into it then heft if off the ground with my 55 year old knees.  I have gotten pretty good at controlling the wing so I just have to commit to a launch.  This experience reminds me exactly of what it felt like just before the second time I jumped off a high dive at the city pool I used to go to back in Indiana.  84,92,54,0,B

9 comments:

Gene Adcock said...

Stand looks like it will give you a great assist. How is the landing strip holding up? Any plants sprouting? Nice rain over here by Austin tonite, but do not see that you got much. Weekend to settle down a bit, maybe would allow good takeoff and landing for you.

Anonymous said...

No rush, no hurry, it should FEEL right. Something positive. There is nothing to prove.

just.Bob said...

conejo

Unknown said...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbQ0xbbpOQ

John Wells said...

justastick...Yup - I have seen that video. Although he sure makes it look easy, Dell Schanze has the reputation of THE PERSON to most avoid in the world of PPG.

Unknown said...

His set up and put up was inpresive

K1MGY said...

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/may/09/experience-i-fell-out-of-the-sky

Keep the blue side up, John.

John Wells said...

K1MGY....hmmmm - altering brake lines, then launching into rotor to practice for record breaking attempt. 3 thinks that are not on my "to do" list for paramotoring.

RedeFIND said...

I remember that high dive...I was quite brave back then!