Monday, October 13, 2014

a really big camera...











A couple of weeks ago, an Austin photographer contacted me about a project he is working on that he wanted to test at The Field Lab.   Ian Kasnoff (pictured on the right) has turned a small trailer into a camera/darkroom.  He and his buddy Justin Sternberg came out to TFL to test his prototype "VLF" (very large format) camera.  Ultimately, he hopes to shoot and process images at least as big as 4' x 5'.  The technique is based on the camera obscura.  67,75,58,0,W

6 comments:

Bruce S said...

Cool. I'm very interested to see the progress. You certainly have the location.

Under The SC Sun said...

I made a pinhole camera in HS Graphic Arts. Camera Obscura in miniature. Reversed, flipped images on photo paper. I still have one "selfie" I did in 1974 somewhere in my collection of stuff...

remmij said...

…when I think of large scale pics of the west, different process…
beekeeper
29 years ago - 79-85, R.A.

Margery Billd said...

Alot of smart people on Austin. And U.T. only takes students in the top percentile. (One of my sons graduated from there). When I was in Europe I made the mistake of taking slides instead of snapshots.

Margery Billd said...

Mr. Kasnoff's pictures and his resume are impressive. He is a man after my own heart except I put my cameras away when life hit me. Would of, could of, should of, had of - only one shot at life. I enjoyed his photography.

jbfoster said...

Can't wait to see the final photos!