Wednesday, November 16, 2016

getting my bearings...












Was figuring out the front wheel mount and found a potential problem.  Decided the inner shaft collars against the wheel were a bad idea (in case they come loose) and making a couple of bearings to keep the wheel centered in the fork would be a good idea.  (I call them bearings but they are really spacers since they don't need to turn - but bearings works better for the title of the blog.)  My method for getting a nice square cut by hand instead of my chop saw is to wrap the piece squarely with paper cut to the appropriate width and mark it with a Sharpe - the paper edge gives me a nice sharp line to follow.  I cut them a tad long and ground them down till they were just hair tight.  Finished all the welds that were only tacked together and the front fork is done. 70,83,43,0,B 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent. I do wish you were still around here.

mike said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-xFggHsqxg

rj said...

I saw this pic of a "one man" flight vehicle with wheels and thought of you - link here by Houston's Beans Barton